The Circuit Challenge is a great way of finding out what it is like to fly a helicopter and super fun too!
This challenge includes the following;
- 6-8 minute flight (rotors running) in our popular Robinson R44 4-seater helicopter
- A pre-flight technical and safety briefing
- You’ll discover the principles of flight, how the helicopter flies and is controlled, including start-up and shut down procedures
- An opportunity to take the controls of the helicopter whilst under the careful supervision of a highly skilled and experienced flying instructor.
- Post-flight debrief and the chance to purchase any photos or DVD footage from your flight.
- Certificate of Achievement
We begin with briefing, where we will ensure you fully understand the basic aircraft safety checks, procedures plus necessary ground and airborne emergency drills. You will then be taken through the protocol for the dual controls of the helicopter. As we don’t have the luxury of auto-pilot it must be clear who has control at all times. You will also be informed of the Visual Flight Rules (VFR) and during your flight you will have the opportunity to assist your instructor in spotting other aircraft during your flight, just like a real co-pilot.
A member of our ground handling team will take you to the aircraft when after a photo opportunity, you will meet your instructor and take your seat in the helicopter. After final checks, then you will experience the incredible feeling of vertical take-off and the euphoric sense of freedom as you see the landscape from a 360˚ viewpoint. Your instructor will decide when it is appropriate for you to take the controls and truly feel what it is like to live the dream and FLY!
Once landed you will be escorted back to the Flying School where your Certificate of Achievement will be waiting for you and the opportunity to purchase any photos or DVD footage of your lesson. These are a great keepsake to WOW your friends and family with your flying skills and relive the moment again and again!
During your visit please enjoy our flying school facilities; complimentary hot and cold drinks, browse some of our modern art or play our pinball machine. We have a few toys to keep little ones amused and there is a cafe located at the Aerodrome should you need a snack.
For more info or to book please contact email@example.com or call 0208 099 7766
For health and safety reasons, you must be able to speak and understand English to participate in any of our helicopter lesson or experiences. Height, weight and age restrictions apply. For full booking terms and conditions please click here.